LEÓN, MAYER & Co.
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Company: LEÓN, MAYER & Co. (“LM” or the “Firm”) is a private equity and investment banking firm based in Miami and New York City. The Firm’s private equity practice is currently focused on education, hospitality, media and entertainment and real estate investments. LM’s investment banking practice advises select corporate and real estate clients on financing and M&A transactions. LEÓN, MAYER & Co. professionals have completed over $100 billion of transactions across industries such as media, telecom, technology, healthcare, education, real estate, consumer goods, industrials, business services and infrastructure.
LEÓN, MAYER & Co. was co-founded by Andro Nodarse-León and Benjamin G. Mayer in August 2005. Prior to co-founding LM, Messrs. Nodarse-León and Mayer were at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (“KKR”) and at Tishman Speyer in New York City, respectively. They began their careers at Goldman, Sachs & Co. in New York City and at Meridian Property Company in Palo Alto, respectively.
Position Overview: The Executive Assistant / Office Manager will maintain primary responsibility for the management and support of the day-to-day activities of LEÓN, MAYER & Co.’s Managing Partners and its Miami headquarters office. Responsibilities will include supporting the ongoing administrative tasks for the Managing Partners, maintaining schedules and records, running personal and business errands and managing the daily activities of the office. The ideal candidate must have (i) excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities; (ii) excellent verbal and written communication skills; (iii) a high degree of energy, motivation and ambition and (iv) a desire to be tightly integrated into the daily activities of the firm and to grow with its successes.
- Manage the LM Managing Partners’ weekly list of priorities, calendars, and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Coordinate all travel and provide detailed itineraries for both business & personal travel
- Liaise with outside accountants, counsel advisors and in-house staff on administrative matters, as necessary
- Draft and revise standard letters and memos
- Manage and update company databases
- Perform filing and administrative work (e.g., copying, faxing, letter writing, mail sorting, answering phones, etc.)
- Assist in the management of administrative items for LM portfolio companies and investments
- Assist in the hiring of future personnel
- Assist with processing and disbursement of important documentation
- Completing personal tasks as requested for the executives (may include, local errands and arrangement for events, etc.) to support and conserve the executive's time
- Must be proficient in oral and written English and Spanish
- College degree or equivalent experience
- High degree of personal integrity
- Strong drive to produce high quality work product
- Energy and adaptability to succeed in a fast-paced office environment with changing demands and priorities
- High level of professionalism and comfort working with senior business executives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, and discreet
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including professional and courteous telephone manner
- Demonstratedproficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Extremely detail-oriented with an ability to work to meet deadlines efficiently and with a high-quality work product
- Desire to further develop professional skills and grow with the Firm working alongside highly-trained and entrepreneurial senior executives
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Base Salary up to $40,000 with attractive growth potential
- Performance Bonus of up to 10% of Base Salary
- Employee will receive an economic ownership interest in the transactions that LM closes during the employee’s tenure
- Premium PPO medical and dental plans
- 2 weeks of paid vacation and personal days
- Preferred rates at owned hotel properties
To Apply: Please email your résumé with a cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this positionto Ms. Jennifer Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org Please title the email “Executive Assistant / Office Manager”. For more information on LEÓN, MAYER & Co. and its team, please visit our website at www.leonmayer.com.
***The position is only for committed candidates with a positive disposition and a solid personal and professional reputation. ***
No Phone Calls Please.