today:
yesterday:
Total:

World News

President Trump said Thursday he has seen evidence suggesting that the coronavirus originated from a laboratory in China, while continuing his criticism of the World Health Organization's ties to Beijing, comparing the group to a public relations agency.

Trump was speaking to reporters about protecting America's senior citizens when Fox News and others asked if he knew of anything that gave him confidence that the outbreak originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

"Yes, I have," he said, without further explanation. "And, I think that the World Health Organization should be ashamed of themselves because they’re like the public relations agency for China."

He earlier speculated about whether China knew about the virus sooner than it has led on and withheld information about the outbreak.

"So far I think China is trying to be... somewhat transparent with us, but we're going to find out," Trump said. "It's a terrible thing that happened. Whether they made a mistake or whether it started off as a mistake and then they made another one or did somebody do something on purpose."

트럼프의 중국 코로나 복수 시작

https://aloefor.com/280535

이날 유관부처 고위 당국자들이 회의를 열고 중국에 대한 보복 조치와 전략 마련을 시작했다고 전했다. 이 회의에는 정보기관 당국자도 참여한다.

미국은 코로나19 확진자 100만 명, 사망자 6만 명을 넘은 세계 최대 피해국이다. 확산을 막기 위해 기업과 학교가 문 닫으면서 미국 경제가 멈춰섰다. 코로나19 사태로 3000만 명이 일자리를 잃었다. 

경제 호황을 발판으로 대통령 재선을 노려 온 트럼프 대통령과 참모들은 중국을 향해 분노를 쏟아내고 있다고 CNN은 전했다. 마이크 펜스 부통령은 지난주 “중국 공산당은 그들이 한 일에 대해 대가를 치르게 될 것이라고 확신한다”고 말했다.  

하지만 일부 참모들은 코로나19 대유행이 진행 중인 지금은 보복에 나설 때가 아니라며 트럼프 대통령을 설득하고 있다. 중국으로부터 개인보호장비(PPE)와 마스크 등 의료물자, 의약품 수입을 의존하고 있는데, 양국 갈등으로 공급이 막힐 경우 피해가 커질 수 있기 때문이다.

신중론을 펴는 경제 참모들과 보복을 강하게 주장하는 국가안보 참모들이 팽팽하게 대립하는 가운데 트럼프 대통령 의중이 국가안보팀 입장으로 기울기 시작했다고 WP는 전했다. 

트럼프 대통령은 이날 브리핑에서 중국 책임론을 더욱 강하게 제기했다. 그는 “코로나19가 중국 우한 실험실에서 발원했다고 믿을 만한 이유가 있다”고 말했다.

'그렇게 확신할 수 있는 근거를 봤느냐’는 질문에 “그렇다. 봤다”고 답했다. 증거가 무엇인지에 대해서는 “그걸 말할 수 없다. 그걸 여러분에게 말해서는 안 된다"고 답했다.
 이어 “머지않은 미래에 근거에 대한 답을 얻을 수 있을 것”이라면서 “내가 중국에 대해 어떻게 느끼는지는 그때 결정될 것”이라고 말했다.