today:
yesterday:
Total:

US News

AFFIDAVIT OF RICHARD HOPKINS

admin 2020.11.08 02:59 Views : 474

I, Richard Hopkins, declare as follows:1.I am over the age of eighteen years and am legally competent to makethis declaration. I have personal knowledge of the facts contained herein. If calledupon, I could and would competently testify under oath as to the facts stated herein.2.I am an employeof the UniteStates Postal Service. I work as acarrier in the Erie, Pennsylvania post office.3.Although, as I understand Pennsylvania law, ballots must be postmarked by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 3, 2020 in Pennsylvania,Postmaster Rob Weisenbach directed my co-workers and I to pick up ballots afterElection Day and provide them to him. As discussed more fully below, I heardWeisenbach tell a supervisor at my office that Weisenbach was back-dating the postmarks on the ballots to make it appear as though the ballots had been collectedon November 3, 2020 despite them in fact being collected on November 4 and possibly later.4.On November 5, 2020, as I was preparing my mail for delivery, I sawWeisenbach with Darrell Locke, one of the supervisors for the Erie, Pennsylvania post office having a discussion. Weisenbach and Locke discussed how on November 4, 2020, they had back-dated the postmark on all but one of the ballotscollected on November 4, 2020 to make it appear as though the ballots had instead
Case No. ________________________ AFFIDAVIT OF RICHARD HOPKINS

been collected on November 3, 2020. I overheard Weisenbach tell Locke that they“messed up yesterday” – November 4, 2020 – by accidentally postmarking one ballot as having been collected November 4, 2020 (when it had actually beencollected).5.Importantly, Weisenbach and his assistant had ordered my co-workersand I to continue picking up ballots after November 3 despite the requirement that ballots be mailed by then. Weisenbach directed that ballots be picked up throughFriday, November 6, 2020. Moreover, Weisenbach directed that all ballots pickedup through November 6, 2020 were to be given to him, presumably so they could be backdated by him and/or Locke.6.My understanding of Pennsylvania law is that ballots cannot be countedunless they were mailed by 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020. Weisenbach’scomments were deeply concerning to me and appeared to me to be an attempt byWeisenbach and/or Locke to improperly backdate ballots received after the legaldeadline so these late ballots could be counted – something I understand to be illegaland against Pennsylvania law. Accordingly, I brought Weisenbach’s information tothe public through Project Veritas.7.The next day, November 6, I was interrogated by a USPS postalinspector who, knowing I was the whistleblower who brought Weisenbach’sdirectives to light, indicated they were investigating the matter. I was also2
Case No. ________________________ 

approached by a representative of the postal worker union who began asking meabout old allegations against me which have long been resolved. I refuse to besilenced, so I decided to reveal my identity and have pledged to testify regardingwhat I heard and what I was ordered to do.I, Richard Hopkins, hereby state that the facts above set forth are true andcorrect (or are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief).I understand that the statements herein are made subject to the penalties of 18Pa.C.S. § 4904 (relating to unsworn falsification to authorities). I further declareunder penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that theforegoing is true and correct.Executed on this 6th day of November, 2020, at Erie, Pennsylvania. ____________________________Richard Hopkins3
Case No. ________________________